Empty ME

If you remember a while back, when I posted my responses to the Tagged questions, I answered "Being Selfish" as a bad habit (Who does this?!?! I mean, we all probably are selfish to some extent but I can't believe I posted it for the world to see and if you don't REALLY know me - what must you be thinking?) I guess admission/awareness is the first step- right AA?? Ha! I have known for a while that Christ was revealing this area of opportunity to me. Amazingly, I began to see and feel more and more of him speaking to me than maybe ever before. Just wanted to share.. I have felt strong convictions lately re: the blog too. Especially as the number of readers increased- The original intent behind this whole blog was just a vehicle to get pics and little stories to the grandparents who don't see the girls as often as they would like. However, I became concerned that you (again who don't know me) think you're reading some "storyboook life." I want to be more real & transparent (hard to do because you can totally conceal all your flaws, weaknesses and fears, etc... on here) with you. Trust me - my life is not as perfect and beautiful as my darling daughters look on this blog :)

Back to what is being revealed to me regarding this journey to selflessness... The other day I got in the car and on the radio a lady was being interviewed. (Pregnant)She said, I am nervous about becoming a mom- I am afraid that I will lose my identity, you know- who I really am. The talk show host replied, YOU WILL, YOU WILL- you sacrifice all of who you are and become someone new! I sat there in awe of what I heard and totally agreed- especially since I was becoming aware of my own struggles to sacrifice myself (my thoughts, my time, my mind, my sleep, my career, my hobbies, my hygiene, my ..)for God's calling in my life as a mother and a wife. Never heard it put that way, but most people are not being honest if they deny that reality.

Days passed and then I noticed a Bible verse written down that I was required to memorize in a bible study years ago. Sadly, at that time I did not connect with it AT ALL. And all of the sudden, I read: I have been crucified with Christ and I NO LONGER LIVE but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20
I hear it! HE said, "YOU DON'T Live- I DO!" You know none of this is ironic. This is how God speaks to us.

My antennae’s were on now- I knew HE was revealing things to me... And, then this new hit out by Chris Sligh. (Remember Chris?), Empty Me came on the radio.


I listened as he sang the chorus:
Empty me of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition and the poison of my pride
Empty me of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition and the poison of my pride
And any foolish thing my heart holds to
Lord empty me of me so I can be
Lord empty me of me so I can be filled with you.
Oh, filled with you.
Empty me.


And so.. Those are Deep Thoughts by A
Hopefully you are encouraged -wherever you may be on this journey to selflessness :)

Comments

thebarronfam said…
I love the post. I think we are all selfish and struggle with it in different ways. What a great song. Thanks for posting something so dear to your heart. Love you!
I can identify with you completely and I also did when you first talked about it in your tag comments. It encourages me to know that other mom's (great moms)struggle with some of the same issues I share. Thanks for being so transparent!