Yipeeeeeee!

It's here, It's here!! I have a embroidery machine at my house. I have no earthly idea what to do with it but I have one:)

I was talking to Keith's office manager about wanting one, she has had one for years and is quite proficient with it. She said, " I have been wanting a new one & if I get a new one I'll sell you mine." I didn't get too excited b/c eveyone says that. Lo and behold the very next day Keith comes home and says she got a new machine- call her. So this am I went for the tutorial and brought the beauty home :)

I must admit it looks very intimidating and needs lots of things besides the machine to make those fancy shmancy monograms you're thinking of.

Well, "internets" just wanted to share the good news with you. Maybe in a year or two (ha!) you can turn to me for assistance w/ your monogramming needs :)

Comments

The Brooks said…
That is so exciting Ashleigh. What kind did you get? If it is a babylock, I might can help you with it some!
becky said…
Hey Ashleigh! I went to school with Keith from middle school through high school. i wanted to give you this link for machine embroidery. hope it helps. it's pretty basic.

http://www.artisticthreadworks.com/public/department61.cfm

also, talk to anyone who does it a LOT. they can help you not make mistakes and not buy things that aren't worth your time. also, i have a friend that hosts a website where you can download tons of fonts from her.
I'm so glad you got it! Can't wait for you to monogram something for my boys:)
Anonymous said…
that is so exciting!!! i wanted to get one but was afraid it would collect dust b/c i wouldn't know how to use it. you can sew, so surely you will be monogramming in no time!