Supper Swap

2 girls in my neighborhood, a friend in the neighborhood across the street & I started doing a supper swap. I have been meaning to post about it for so long. It has been a real blessing to me! It's hard to believe, but ironically every Tuesday night when Supper Swap rolls around the Thompson's seem to be falling apart in some capacity. One of the girls is sick, I'm sick, horrible day at work, etc.. Anywhoo, it always brings a smile to my face knowing that one of my sweet friends has been slaving (literally!) in the kitchen all day to prepare dinner for us that night.

Here's how it works (or our "rules" anyway):
We have 4 members and cook for all 4 families every Tuesday. We pick up at 5:30p from the cooks house. The food is hot. We have a minimum of a meat,veggie and dessert (although most of the time folks "show out" and prepare way more than that). On the months that have 5 weeks we go out to a restaurant all together on that Tuesday night. The hardest part is getting used to cooking for so many people and learning which recipes multiply well. On your day to cook it really can be stressful. However, It is so worth the rest of the month to just receive the meals.

If you want more info on how to Supper Swap, just google it. I think a lady has written a whole book The Great American Supper Swap.

Last Tuesday, I cooked Company Chicken, Green Beans, Rice, Rolls and Cherry Turnovers. The company chicken recipe is below- it's yummo (as Em would say :)

Company Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 envelope good seasons Italian dressing
mix 1/2 c. water
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 can cream of chicken soup
Add sliced fresh mushrooms - you can omit these but I sure like them
(I also added about a tablespoon of minced garlic)

Place chicken in crockpot. Mix dressing with water and pour over chicken. Cook about 3 hours, then mix remaining ingredients well, pour over chicken and cook one hour longer. Serve over rice or pasta.

Comments

becky said…
awwww man...i wish i lived there!! i'll have to try that recipe!
aedozier said…
What a GREAT idea! I have a good and easy greenbean recipe. I'll email it to you.